Brecknock YFC Rally Round-Up
The 73rd Annual Rally & Dance was held on the 3rd June 2017 at Penmaenau farm, Llanelwedd by kind permission of the Penmaenau family.
The event was sponsored by Hay & Brecon Farmers.
The day ran very smoothly with 12 clubs competing throughout the day in various competitions, kicking off with the shearing, stockjudging and cookery in the morning to name but a few and concluding with the main ring display and an excellent show of tug-of-war.
The awards ceremony was led by rally chair Vicky Hope and the County Chairman David Price. The overall results were as follows:
- Sennybridge YFC won the John De Winton Cup for the highest total points in the Winter Competitions.
- Beulah YFC won the Duhonw Lodge Shield for the club gaining the highest aggregate total points of winter and Rally Day competitions out of the five clubs with the smallest membership.
- Builth Wells YFC won the Cooper Cup for the club gaining the highest total aggregate points for those aged18 years or under.
- Sennybridge YFC won the Bibby’s Rally Day Cup for the highest number of points recorded on Rally Day.
- Builth Wells YFC won the Evan Thomas Runners-up Cup.
- Sennybridge YFC were the overall winners taking home the Vera Jones Efficiency Shield.
Brecknock YFC would like to thank the following most sincerely, without whom the event would not have been possible;
- The hosts Penmaenau family.
- The host Club; Builth Wells YFC.
- Overall Sponsors: Hay & Brecon Farmers
- All the Vice Presidents, judges, stewards, scorers, commentators, sponsors, club leaders, officers, supporters and everyone else involved.